Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Circa November

Long overdue, roopsies. Regardless, this entry, being post #90 (whoa.) marks the very first post in my blog's three-year (whoa...) history to actually feature me. Surprise! Bet you didn't realize I was actually a small Asian. So as I've made redundantly clear over this cherished span of time, my heart belongs first and foremost to fall fashion. These autumn shots courtesy of fayettevillemandy's Nikon D60 recap the day I arrived back to "DR" with a new pair of combat boots and fresh mindset on risk-taking thanks to my bffl, Karen Ashley Fabella. Thanksgiving = Nemo-and-Stitch-a-Palooza, in case you were unaware. As mild as I now perceive this outfit to be, I was initially instinctively cautious of its man-repelling potential...WWJT? (What Would JBiebs Think?) clearly topped my list of concerns.

Clutching onto Kara's NYLON for dear life, apparently.


I love this look because it totally lends itself to a rather significant throwback-- my double-denim obsession of second grade. Yes, with my Arizona Jeans Co. light-wash denim shirt and Kids 'R Us-belted New Legends skinny jeans and hiking boots, I believed full well that I was the shit. (Sidenote: Holy shit. All of these companies are now obsolete. Saauuuu '90's.) Thanks to Singer22 and other sources of encouragement, I'm proud to report the ensemble has been resurrected in a positive light. It goes without saying, however, that there will always exist those trailer park honeys who give double-denim a painfully bad name...but if I started writing now, I'd be the next character featured on thingsidoonaddy. And all I have to say in response is should I make it on that page, I have way better stories to offer than this.

Ilyk2pickleaves, a variation on one of the most epically amazing Facebook passwords of all time.


LOLZ!


Denim button-down: H&M, $30
Grey v-neck: Forever 21, $9
Denim shorts: 7 For All Mankind, $168
Brown leather belt: Target, $13
Tights: Worthington, $4
Black combat boots: Baker's, $70
Sunglasses: Diesel, $120...but for me, gifted as a PGA, aka the upside to being an unpaid intern.

Cross-posted HERE.

Here's to you, fashion. Cheers.

8 comments:

  1. Love the colors!
    Only a bit weird that it looks like autumn... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this post was from November... just didn't get around to making an entry until now. Thank you though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it!!!
    great post!!!!
    amazing!follow u now!!=D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this short shorts girl!

    xx THE CHEAP

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the jacket :)

    http://opinionslave.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, it's double denim that works! I love the fact you're holding a copy of Nylon as well, and those fall colours are gorgeous.
    x

    ReplyDelete