Monday, September 6, 2010

No words

There are those inspirations whose magnitude reaches so far, I can't even begin to describe it. Mr. Scott Schuman, otherwise known as The Sartorialist, is up there at the top of the top. Not only is he one of the most influential fashion photographers in history (his On The Street... entries constantly reinforce the idea that effortless, not-a-thought-more style can exist anywhere at any time), but he himself is a strikingly handsome guy who understands the concept of well-tailored garments through and through.

Thank God.


So as I sit here withering away in my usual breakout room, I can't stop myself from reminiscing about New York City. Some may call me anxious, stuck in the past or even plain obsessive, but I've succumbed to, and now wholeheartedly embrace, the fact that the city is where I belong. Browsing The Sartorialist's archives all the way back to 2006, I've come across some of my favorite NYC shots, even re-collecting some images that I saved in high school as my favorite inspirational outfits. It's incredible how just one photo and street name can deliver memories, scents and songs of just a few months ago when I was undeniably in my element. Whether it was running office errands to pick up random items like sponge brushes, venturing into Woodside for authentic Filipino cuisine or discovering the best boutiques of the Upper West Side, I was always truly content with my surroundings. I can't even fathom how many times a day I would think to myself, "only in New York..." when something outrageous would happen, regardless of my specific location. It really is the only place like it in the world.

This post is dedicated to NYC in all its stylish glory, brought to you by The Sartorialist. I'm really at a loss for words (and time), and I know that nothing I say will do justice to what the photos convey.

Ladies...
(These last 3 are perhaps my favorite of all time.)

and Gentlemen.


Here's to you, fashion. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment