Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Accessories 101

If you know me at all, it shouldn't come as a surprise that I'm guilty of putting less emphasis on accessories than my creative license warrants. It's taken me my entire life to perfect my own style philosophy in terms of dresses and separates, yet I still find myself getting flustered when presented with the responsibility of working with an unlimited option of small items that each have the power to change the outfit's ultimate story. Baby steps are good, though, and I've decided to take on this learning experience one day at a time. Already, I've purchased some everyday wardrobe staples (like my cognac H&M cross body satchel) that I can't imagine my outfits functioning properly without.

In short, Londoners are all about their accessories. It's uncommon to walk around a single high street without being able to count on both hands the sheer number of long-strap satchels and meticulous silk scarves that the locals tend to be sporting. Below is an ever-growing list that I've compiled of the most popular accessories in London today.

(Side note: I was ecstatic to find that each selection remains within an affordable £30. Lush.)

Tights with personality
Feather Printed Tights
Urban Outfitters, £25

Wool beanies / berets
Unisex Wool Beret
American Apparel, £21

Gold-chain cross body satchels
Patent Shoulder Bag
new look, £5

Chain-print scarves
Vintage Belthain Scarf
Miss Selfridge, £15

Skinny headbands
Stretch Vintage Style Leaf Hairband
ASOS.com, £4

Neutral-toned cross body satchels
Buckle Cross Body Bag
Topshop, £30

Chunky circle scarves ("snoods")
Knit Design Snood Scarf
Marks & Spencer, £15

Here's to you, fashion. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment