Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It Girls

A change of scenery is always nice.

In the States, we're used to following the club-hopping adventures and paparazzi mishaps of such fun-loving socialites as Lindsay Lohan, Lauren Conrad and of course, M-K&A. Though I'd honestly prefer dissecting celeb outfits on WhoWhatWear to reading the trivialities of their latest romances, it's impossible to deny that each of these girls has created and maintained an individual public persona that's present in nearly everything they say and do.

While this is all fine and good, the truth is that Americans just seem so blah when compared to Brits. Am I right? Maybe it's because I've spent my entire life in a country where I was raised without a charming accent or the refined habit of sipping mid-afternoon tea. Whatever it is, these British It Girls have it, and their fashion sense says it all.

Alexa Chung: Probably the most-revered It Girl of them all, Miss Chung makes her presence known with two of my favorite concepts: layers and balance. The colors and textures always flow effortlessly into one cohesive piece. Utterly inspirational to say the least.

Jameela Jamil: I've already dedicated a post to this exotic beauty, but who's to say I can't do it again? She has a killer body and amazing hair; for her, a fabulous wardrobe is just icing on the cake.

Georgia Jagger: How is it possible that Georgia Jagger is only 17 years old? The last look is definitely my favorite. It involves balance and fit, ending in an outfit that complements her figure brilliantly.

Agyness Deyn: Agyness Deyn. What a badass. Embarrassingly enough, I used to feel rather intimidated by the platinum blonde A-lister, flipping through pictures of her in Vogue and not understanding why she was so damn impressive. Those days are long gone; I now look to her design risks as inspiration and stow them aside for future reference.

 Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is one of those Victoria's Secret models you love and recognize but don't quite know by name. If stunning isn't the perfect word to describe her, I don't know what is. Proving that she has more substance than just lace, ribbons and garters, Rosie perfects the monochromatic look and makes me want to go on a spree for more to add to my already autumn-centric wardrobe.

Fab, fab, fab. I love London.

Here's to you, fashion. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment