Friday, October 15, 2010

Inspiration

So I have 38 tabs open right now (Chrome... bar will have to wait until tomorrow night). To lessen my anxiety, I'm doing myself a favor by posting everything at once so I can "x" out of them and breathe a bit easier. Commentary on the military chic and sassy stacked heels will come later when I'm less scatter-brained (read: medicine). Almost all of these selections were inspired by Megan Fox's tough-girl-with-soft-heart character in the angst-filled "Love the Way You Lie" video, as it was referred to me by Miss Theresa Breitton.


Borrowing Reese's accurate description of Fox as "white-trash-hot", I am a huge fan of her cotton tank and denim combo throughout the video, paired daringly with those clunky, totally amazing black combat boots to portray her character as the victim of an all-too-volatile modern day romance. Known around the Diesel offices as well as Calloway for my typical could-care-less outfit (denim shorts and my Sam Edelman cowboy boots), it was a no-brainer that I revered this petite girl/big boots balance because I love observing examples who can skillfully make things work.

Black Distressed Leather Boot
Jeffrey Campbell, $200

Troopa
Steve Madden, $100

Peroxy
Nine West, $119

Larner
Aldo, $80

Eylenja
Aldo, 120

Lecaros
Aldo, $130

Calah
Steve Madden, $230

Timburr
Steve Madden, $170

Romance Bootie
Seychelles, $140

Donley
Nine West, $129

Also included in this post will be a few pairs of clogs and wedges that bring me back to summer. A mere 50 degrees outside? This northern weather is so not okay, making LA all the more appealing, as if I needed another reason. Happy birthday to me. Besides fulfilling the lofty dream of adding every single pair of shoes on here (along with dresses, separates and other accessories, to do them the highest of justice) to my wardrobe, I really don't think I could be any happier about life right now.

Charli-C Clog
Jeffrey Campbell, $125

Claudia Slingback Clogs
KORS Michael Kors, $188

Warrick Clog Wedge Booties
Steve Madden, $129

Warrick Clog Wedge Booties
Steve Madden, $129

Snick Platform Sandal
Jeffrey Campbell, $125

Here's to you, fashion. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. janice! i love your blog!! i've been following for a while but i had to comment on this because i was *just* thinking how much i would love a pair of tough yet feminine combat boots. thank you for narrowing down the list for me :).

    hope you're well and that you're enjoying your newfound "legal" status haha. much love from espaƱa <3

    ReplyDelete