Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Never disappointing: Vince >> shopbop

Minimalism, clean lines and a monochromatic palette. As yawn-inducing as these words may seem, we all know how well Vince brings these concepts to life by personifying contemporary yet classic sophistication. Providing that happy medium between casual weekend basics and refined workwear, I've always revered the subtle dramatics of Vince's slouchy sweaters, classic shift dresses and perfectly fitted pants, perhaps because I'm a die-hard fan of fall weather clothing. In my opinion, what could be better than layers upon layers of single pieces brought together to marry themselves as a single brilliant outfit? Think balance: a cozy charcoal tie-front sweater dress draped over a heather grey long-sleeve knit top tucked into a nubby herringbone miniskirt with violet tights and Frye boots. Top heavy, yet bottom simple.

Yes, I'm afraid I've gone off on a tangent about my passionate love for fall fashion, but I'll spare you and bring you back to my original point- Vince. While Vince is clearly not the most controversial design aesthetic out there, mixing simple Vince pieces with more risky items can always ensure an outfit that flows and just makes sense.

The Vince Fall 2009 line presented for shopbop fails to disappoint. Here are a few of my favorite London-inspired looks that make me want to conceptualize outfits for the well-dressed locals I've observed wandering Kensington High Street.

Sequined Mini Dress, $225

Motorcycle Leather Jacket, $750

 
Stella Cable Cardigan, $325

Here's to you, fashion. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment